•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Margham - Dubai - 08 Jan 2021

Chaitanya D

Thank you @Chaitanya D  @AlexPol @Anish S  @Mahmoud Hamzawy  for making this trip amazing we all enjoyed and loved it.

Also appreciate.. the support and help got from entire convoy team (great team work)   

As mention by  @Mahmoud Hamzawy (we learned in carnity ALWAYS SAFETY First).... YES we agree that CARNITY has a leaders/marshals/Crew those are keeping us safe through out the trip.

We thanks to entire carnity team and convoy members for making dream comes true :)   

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Trip Report:

At the outset I would like to thank every one ( @AlexPol,  @rajeshkumar rathod, @Danish Mohammad, @frederic demolder, @Anish S, @Dodi Syahdar, @Thomas Varghese, @Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader and @Mahmoud Hamzawy).You all will be etched in my memory for being members of my first newbie lead with Carnity(independent). It was indeed a pleasant experience , though I had some butterflies at the beginning as I have regularly done fast paced drives more often than not with more experienced drivers. I was up for the challenge and how you all drove made my job simpler and easier though.

I will slightly differ in my trip reports emphasizing more on what we learnt , as this is what is important at this level so that you learn and improvise to get to next level.

Situation 1 - Stuck in a soft pocket

One car got stuck in a soft pocket, apparently due to a refusal and when reversed. I would like to advised you all to follow the car in front of you and repeat the same path , approach and gas .While reversing out of refusals please make sure you don't reverse into pockets, if difficult in rear mirrors you can get out of our cars and assess the situation.

Situation 2 - Side stuck on a slope 

Again when you are doing side sloping try to get the right approach and momentum. When losing momentum safest is to exit with gravity. This stuck is very crooked in a way because when you are on slip side you can build sand walls on the wheels towards the slope and ending in a nasty situation. Best is to shovel, clear the sand building on the side of tires, make channels in front or back for the car to use gravity and exit out. Yesterday the car was back heavy and we shovelled on the sides and made channels on rear wheels which got the car out easily.

Situation 3 - Safe distance

Always keep safe distance from the car in front of you. in tight technical dunes one has to keep a closer watch on the track as you might lose sight of the car in front. 

Well I hope I have given some information for you all to keep in mind , so that you all come prepared in a better way next time for the next challenge. All in all you all did wonderfully well even for some very new drivers like @rajeshkumar rathod.

@AlexPol was wonderful as 2nd lead in his off-road supeready wrangler, @Anish S was as usual fantastic as center forward. I would like to congratulate you for your recent promotion to advance, definitely look forward for your leads. @Mahmoud Hamzawy was sweeping perfectly, Shukran Habibi.

If anyone has completed required number of drives please apply for your promotion to next level, but remember it gets more involving and we appreciate you to learn and help others learn too as you progress. 

See you all soon, for another adventure in a safe manner.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

4 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

Trip Report:

At the outset I would like to thank every one ( @AlexPol,  @rajeshkumar rathod, @Danish Mohammad, @frederic demolder, @Anish S, @Dodi Syahdar, @Thomas Varghese, @Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader and @Mahmoud Hamzawy).You all will be etched in my memory for being members of my first newbie lead with Carnity(independent). It was indeed a pleasant experience , though I had some butterflies at the beginning as I have regularly done fast paced drives more often than not with more experienced drivers. I was up for the challenge and how you all drove made my job simpler and easier though.

I will slightly differ in my trip reports emphasizing more on what we learnt , as this is what is important at this level so that you learn and improvise to get to next level.

Situation 1 - Stuck in a soft pocket

One car got stuck in a soft pocket, apparently due to a refusal and when reversed. I would like to advised you all to follow the car in front of you and repeat the same path , approach and gas .While reversing out of refusals please make sure you don't reverse into pockets, if difficult in rear mirrors you can get out of our cars and assess the situation.

Situation 2 - Side stuck on a slope 

Again when you are doing side sloping try to get the right approach and momentum. When losing momentum safest is to exit with gravity. This stuck is very crooked in a way because when you are on slip side you can build sand walls on the wheels towards the slope and ending in a nasty situation. Best is to shovel, clear the sand building on the side of tires, make channels in front or back for the car to use gravity and exit out. Yesterday the car was back heavy and we shovelled on the sides and made channels on rear wheels which got the car out easily.

Situation 3 - Safe distance

Always keep safe distance from the car in front of you. in tight technical dunes one has to keep a closer watch on the track as you might lose sight of the car in front. 

Well I hope I have given some information for you all to keep in mind , so that you all come prepared in a better way next time for the next challenge. All in all you all did wonderfully well even for some very new drivers like @rajeshkumar rathod.

@AlexPol was wonderful as 2nd lead in his off-road supeready wrangler, @Anish S was as usual fantastic as center forward. I would like to congratulate you for your recent promotion to advance, definitely look forward for your leads. @Mahmoud Hamzawy was sweeping perfectly, Shukran Habibi.

If anyone has completed required number of drives please apply for your promotion to next level, but remember it gets more involving and we appreciate you to learn and help others learn too as you progress. 

See you all soon, for another adventure in a safe manner.

@Chaitanya D already applied for promotion to Fewbie and waiting for the approval. 😀

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear @Gaurav, myself @Thomas Varghese and @Danish Mohammad have completed required newbie drives and have applied for a promotion. Kindly acknowledge if the request has gone through, as I am not certain with the status of the application. Thank you 🙏

• Like (+1) 4

Its not because we don't enjoy Newbie drives anymore but anxious to be in the next level adventure to learn more and get the experience. The 6 drives I had with Carnity has proven the worth of my XTERRA which I only heard in stories and very much interested to see how far the car can be pushed to its safe limits. I was thrilled at the way @Rahimdad demonstrated to all of us in my XTERRA when he recovered it from a bowl like a walk in the park. From that time I'm waiting patiently to complete the mandatory 5 drives and apply for a promotion to qualify for the Fewbie drives. I hope it will be approved soon so that I can join @Ale Vallecchi's all day drive on 15th Friday. 

21 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Chaitanya D already applied for promotion to Fewbie and waiting for the approval. 😀

8 minutes ago, Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader said:

Dear @Gaurav, myself @Thomas Varghese and @Danish Mohammad have completed required newbie drives and have applied for a promotion. Kindly acknowledge if the request has gone through, as I am not certain with the status of the application. Thank you 🙏

same here @Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader. Not sure the request has gone through even though I have done all what the web page did. 

8 minutes ago, Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader said:

@Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader we completed 6 drives with today morning drive with @Ale Vallecchi & @Jeepie at Al Faqaa. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dr @Chaitanya D butterflies for the first newbie drives is a norm, @Brette had a similar experience and as the drive progresses and everyone starts supporting one another and you see that team spirit flowing through the convoy you settle in and start feeling better. It is important never to forget where you started and revisit your first days in the desert every time you lead a Newbie drive. Well done all.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

47 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

Dr @Chaitanya D butterflies for the first newbie drives is a norm, @Brette had a similar experience and as the drive progresses and everyone starts supporting one another and you see that team spirit flowing through the convoy you settle in and start feeling better. It is important never to forget where you started and revisit your first days in the desert every time you lead a Newbie drive. Well done all.

@Chaitanya D until you told us this is your 1st lead for a drive we never knew it. The drive was very nice. The route you chose was excellent. It was just like @Frederic or @Rahimdad or @Gaurav leading us. @Ale Vallecchi was little different as it was more technical as he wanted to teach us where we went wrong by pointing out the mistakes and correctional methods. All the drives with carnity were tutorials in desert driving and I already started to feel the difference in my approach, tactics, throttle control and self recovery when having refusals or stucks in desert driving. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Chaitanya D until you told us this is your 1st lead for a drive we never knew it. The drive was very nice. The route you chose was excellent. It was just like @Frederic or @Rahimdad or @Gaurav leading us. @Ale Vallecchi was little different as it was more technical as he wanted to teach us where we went wrong by pointing out the mistakes and correctional methods. All the drives with carnity were tutorials in desert driving and I already started to feel the difference in my approach, tactics, throttle control and self recovery when having refusals or stucks in desert driving. 

Thanks for you nice words and I feel humbled you took my name among them there.

It was indeed my first newbie drive after becoming a Marshal ( by hook or crook 🤣🤣) whereas all my previous leads have been at fewbie it intermediate. But it's great to hear you learning proper and safe off roading 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Chaitanya D said:

Thanks for you nice words and I feel humbled you took my name among them there.

It was indeed my first newbie drive after becoming a Marshal ( by hook or crook 🤣🤣) whereas all my previous leads have been at fewbie it intermediate. But it's great to hear you learning proper and safe off roading 

Where appreciation is due it has to be given. I didn't feel it was your 1st drive as a Marshal. It was looking very professional when you had us waiting until you experimented the dunes and the terrain so that we would be safe to scale those dunes. To tell you the truth I appreciated the way you executed the drive 1st one or not. Butterflies in your tummy was for you - for us we felt we are in absolute safe hands. 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use