COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - The magic of Fossil Rock and Faya - Sharjah - 11 May 2021

Dear Desert Wanderers, 

the RVSP for this drive is closed.

As anticipated, we have defined TWO convoys, one led by myself (convoy 1) and one led by @Anish S (convoy 2). Kindly make sure you know which convoy you have been assigned to, as the meeting points will be different:

image.png.e47947add715445980130659f8f0c921.png

@Lawrence_Chehimi, @Russ, @Antoz, @Magellan, @Dodi Syahdar, @Kenneth Bollhardt, @JeromeFJ, @Batuhan Kulac, @topgear@Lakshmi Narasimhan, @GauravSoni, the meeting point for Convoy 1 led by myself will be at Mahafiz Trees Shade https://goo.gl/maps/dtw94UrW6Kn99YB18, approx. 200 meters inside the desert on the east side of Mahafiz - Faya Road.

image.png.d83cc3c3709728ba440ad52ce3464a9b.png

@luis mantecon, @Chinthaka Ruwan, @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, @Adhir Saxena, @Ranjan Das, @Darren Brooke, @Rawad Bahsas, @Chris Wing, @Probir Mukherjee, @Islam Soliman, the meeting point for Convoy 2 led by @Anish S will be directly on the west side of Mahafiz - Faya Road https://goo.gl/maps/oZRTdHTDF4Bt3tYm6, i.e. on the opposite side than that of Convoy 1, but close enough for anyone joining the wrong convoy due to lack of caffeine at 5am to quickly move to the right one.

The terrain in this area can be tricky, with many bushes (in the initial part, when we will drive in the twilight) and patches of very soft sand and some technical passages. Accordingly, this drive will require your full and undivided concentration at every step, so make sure you come well rested and fully hydrated and that you don’t have any reason for being distracted. Also, please consider carefully if you wish to bring passengers along with you.

Convoy 1 will be using Carnity Channel 1 (446.00625Mhz), while Convoy 2 will be using Carnity Channel 2 (446.03125MHz). I was tempted to invert the channels as a way to test how awake all drivers are, but I finally thought it's better to spend 15 more minutes driving rather than sorting out our radios.. ;-) 

See tomorrow morning, ready to go (i.e. already caffeinated, deflated, flagged and briefed) by no later 5:15am (sharp), so make sure you make it to the meeting point at least by 5:00am. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

@Lorenzo Candelpergher, unfortunately my daughter is not well, I will have to skip todays drive, kindly excuse me.

Hope she is doing fine man

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Just now, Rawad Bahsas said:

Hope she is doing fine man

PCR test came negative for all of us.  Normal fever only, nothing to worry.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you @Anish S @Islam Soliman @Ranjan Das for the beautiful track and the advices and support. 

Fossil Rock is an amazing place and the dunes you took us to today were a lot of fun. 

As a new fewbie, i got to push myself (and my car) a bit further and i found this challenge pretty satisfying. I enjoyed seeing everyone expressing their own style of driving :) it's a good way to learn.

And as usual, the company was great... see you soon !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Convoy2- An awesome day that could have been better if only we met Convoy1, but, @Lorenzo Candelpergher, cars on Convoy2 just refused to refuse😅 No shovels, no seniors out of their cars... We've had a lucky day indeed. My wife joined me today for the first time since Newbie drives and she was surprised how we managed the whole trip with such ease. Gr8 job all

Special thank you @Anish S, @Islam Soliman, and @Ranjan Dasfor the lead and support. You guided us through the annoying bushes, all the way to the playing areas, climbing and descending fossil rock, and eventually the beautiful bowls on our way to Faya big dune

@Alain Canivet-Abikhalil @Darren Brooke @Chris Wing @luis manteconalways a pleasure driving with you pals.@Chinthaka Ruwanhope nothing is serious with your ride man and hell of a job on Al Faya showing the true power or Nissan beasts 🤪🤪

see you all again soon🤙🤙

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thanks @Anish S @Islam Solimanand @Ranjan Das for another wonderful drive, I have enjoyed the drive a lot as always, but today we have had the opportunity to ride incredible big dunes pushing our machines and ourselves, improving with each attempt thanks your teaching and also learning from other mates, what a level !! 

@Chris Wing @Rawad Bahsasit is alway a pleasure driving with you guys And @Alain Canivet-Abikhalilthanks a lot for lending me your spare radio, you saved my life today,  it is great seeing you driving your beauty with such a technic and determination, well done, I hope to drive with you many times. 

Thank you all the rest to for another epic morning !!! See you on the dunes !

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use