COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - SkyDubai - Dubai - 21 Aug 2021

Islam Soliman

Hello everyone.. unfortunately I had an issue with my cooler today during the morning IM drive and hence won’t be able to make it for tomorrow’s drive.

however thanks to @Anish S stepping in to take the lead on my behalf the drive will still go as planned.. have a great one and looking forward for driving with you all soon. @Anish S thanks again for stepping in to save this drive

• Like (+1) 5

16 hours ago, Islam Soliman said:

Hi @Naveen Raj, a seat has opened up and I added you to the drive.. see you on Sat

Just now, Islam Soliman said:

Hello everyone.. unfortunately I had an issue with my cooler today during the morning IM drive and hence won’t be able to make it for tomorrow’s drive.

however thanks to @Anish S stepping in to take the lead on my behalf the drive will still go as planned.. have a great one and looking forward for driving with you all soon. @Anish S thanks again for stepping in to save this drive

So Sad, look forward to drive you with next time, hope your car will be fine.

@Anish S glad to see you again this week. See you soon in the sand.

• Like (+1) 3

@Islam Soliman @Anish S i won't be able to join tomorrow's drive. Unfortunately my front bumper (lower part) got some hits in recent drives and today was its last one, i removed it and the coolant is now unprotected so I need to arrange for a proper skid plate to cover it.

20210820_173048.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

@Hisham Masaad @munkybizness @Aisha S @Abdul Rafay-S @Looper @Ehab  @S Jacob @Naveen Raj

Hello Everybody,

I hope you are doing well. Please find attached convoy list for tomorrow and we will be using Radio Channel 1 ( 446006). Unfortunately @Islam Soliman won't be able to join us for this drive, for sure we will miss him and looking forward to see him back in the sand soon.

See you in the morning and take care.

87218850_ScreenShot2021-08-20at7_30_50PM.png.91a2a8567e4d73218f6f60a66b763473.png

• Like (+1) 8
  • Well Done (+2) 1

28 minutes ago, munkybizness said:

As the events of this morning are still very fresh in my mind, it's easy to pen them down. Firstly, thank you @Anish S for taking over the convoy marshal duties in @Islam Soliman's absence. I hope your car is back on the sands back again soon! Anish, you were an amazing marshal today, and as @Hisham Masaadput it, in your exploratory duties you took on the most challenging parts yourself. I'm still in awe of what you accomplish with a 3.5l Pajero. It really highlights your immense skill as a driver. I have much to learn from you. My car glosses over many of my mistakes and experience gap and seeing you do what you do, inspires us to push ourselves further. Thank you for navigating us away from the most challenging terrain by taking it on yourself. In the process, you taught me how to do better recoveries.

@Naveen Raj, you were an excellent SL continuing the pace through the convoy with @S Jacob & @Aisha S. I particularly had my eye on your driving line because like you, I too drive a LWB so it was a much better prediction on how I should approach the ridges and sharp corners (wherever I had visibility).

@Aisha S, seeing your Wrangler float up dunes and take the sharpest corners with so much ease made me question why I have a LWB. You were a great driver to follow. And thank you for punctuating the drive wherever there were sharp dips. It saved my nose on many an occasion.

@Hisham Masaad & @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ - having you in the convoy just lent so much confidence to me. Knowing the experience & desert wisdom you both collectively carry, I was always safe in the knowledge that if I ever did get stuck, I had an amazing crew beside me. And finally @Looper, I think it's time to ditch why your name is what it is. Keep it as it is but you're no longer looping. Thank you for riding sweep and keeping the back end so tight. Between the three of you (with @Abdul Rafay-S at the helm), my rear view mirror was witness to  a collection of some glorious ridge riding and side sloping.

All in all, thank you for a fun and momentum-filled drive. I thoroughly enjoyed driving with all of you, and I look forward to seeing you all on the sand again soon. I (my brother leaning out) took my camera out for a spin and I think there is some excellent footage that I can't wait to start sifting through :) 

@munkybiznessi admire your observation skills and the way you put that in writing, hats off man.. btw don’t underestimate the power of Pajero 😜 I drive 3.0 😄
Everyone performed well, thanks @Anish Sfor another wonderful drive and also for taking up this opportunity else we would  have missed it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

8 minutes ago, Naveen Raj said:

@munkybiznessi admire your observation skills and the way you put that in writing, hats off man.. btw don’t underestimate the power of Pajero 😜 I drive 3.0 😄
Everyone performed well, thanks @Anish Sfor another wonderful drive and also for taking up this opportunity else we would  have missed it. 

Having seen @Veedooshee@Lakshmi Narasimhan & @Gregory on previous drives doing some of the things they do with LWB Pajeros, I don't underestimate them (present company included) at all. You're all smooth operators :D 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

15 minutes ago, munkybizness said:

Having seen @Veedooshee@Lakshmi Narasimhan & @Gregory on previous drives doing some of the things they do with LWB Pajeros, I don't underestimate them (present company included) at all. You're all smooth operators :D 

And we have @Frederic@Gaurav@Wrangeld who do wonders with their SWB pajeros which even  Mitsubishi can be proud of, they are the ones who taught us that gen4 pajeros are not the usual mall crawlers 😄. Having said so my next  off-road toy will definitely be a LWB or SWB Y61.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use