•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 8 Jan 2021

Rahimdad

1 minute ago, syed salman raza said:

@Rahimdad thanks for update,

add all waiting list members we have faith in you, you can guide and lead 100 members convoy without any problem 

all of us has seen only few glimpes of your abilities

we all love you and respect you 😍

especially at @syed salman raza keeping a close watch from the rear. 

• Like (+1) 3

Thank you @syed salman raza sir for your kind words. I'm am very happy to see lots of members taking this sport as their passion just like mine. I'm happy to see our members and their enthusiasm grow within our competent grading structure. Increasing convoy size brings on many challenges which you might not be able to comprehend at this time. Overall the quality of the drive reduces with a larger convoy size and my capabilities alone cannot be taken into account. We enter as a team and leave the desert as a team.

Let's see how the day progresses as I've seen @Arman has already signed up for Dr @Chaitanya D newbie drive and I beleive there are still spaces available there. Our main priority remains to be able to get a drive for all interested members every week while keeping the learning and enjoyment quotient high.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 minute ago, syed salman raza said:

@Thomas Varghese bhai I was just following the lead ,my position shows the beauty and confidence of team leader

@Rahimdad that he can place anyone at any position and make him useful for the team 

actually U were good in the position informing each and everything to the team leader what's happening at the rear making the team move forward. 

Just now, Rahimdad said:

Thank you @syed salman raza sir for your kind words. I'm am very happy to see lots of members taking this sport as their passion just like mine. I'm happy to see our members and their enthusiasm grow within our competent grading structure. Increasing convoy size brings on many challenges which you might not be able to comprehend at this time. Overall the quality of the drive reduces with a larger convoy size and my capabilities alone cannot be taken into account. We enter as a team and leave the desert as a team.

Let's see how the day progresses as I've seen @Arman has already signed up for Dr @Chaitanya D newbie drive and I beleive there are still spaces available there. Our main priority remains to be able to get a drive for all interested members every week while keeping the learning and enjoyment quotient high.

very true. @Ale Vallecchi addressed us as desertnauts but it should have been desert nuts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Rahimdad said:

Well im just happy to drive in the desert but i'd have loved to give Sharjah another go considering my trouble last time.

• Like (+1) 3

Dear Esteemed members of the Carnity off-road club,

@Brette @Shehab Alawadhi @Ben84 @N@ved @Alphin Aloor @imranaasghar81 @Michael Glavanis @Sreenath Giridharan @Hisham Masaad @ALI ALMOUMAR @syed salman raza @Thomas Varghese @Bala Krishnan @Arman @Santhosh kumar Rajasekaran @Sara EL FANIDI @Kaile Barrameda @Paul Zeitoun @ZakWarah

Increasingly looks like this is the full list for the drive Friday morning. 

If anyone is planning to drop out please let me know at the earliest. We have a few drivers without any drives this weekend and members are on waitlists so we would like to be fair to everyone. I have noticed that @Arman is already confirmed on the afternoon drive with Dr @Chaitanya D drive, so if @Shehab Alawadhi would like to drive with @Arman can you please join the afternoon drive to have atleast 1 place available to accommodate another driver. Alternately, member who can join the after noon drive Dr @Chaitanya D drive still has 2 spaces available, please consider that so you have atleast 1 drive this weekend, link below.

Thank you everyone for signing up for this drive. Please make sure to see the Newbie briefing video in this drive topic as below

Please note to bring the following items on this drive without fail

1. Programmed Radio for communications ( link in the drive topic above)

2. Safety Flag with a pole and mount or suction cup.

3. Shovel.

4. Deflator and pressure gauge.

5. Air compressor 

Not having any one of these will disqualify you from driving and will not be allowed to drive. We will be flexible in ending our drive which could be far from a gas station and hence having an air compressor is recommended.

We will drive through a terrain which will be perfect to learn, hone your skills and improvise. You will be concentrating on knowing your cars better and improving on how to drive in a very doable terrain - slopes, small to medium dunes, small climbs and some play areas.

Watch out for your convoy numbering which will be announced tomorrow afternoon.

See you on Friday.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

17 minutes ago, Arman said:

Well im just happy to drive in the desert but i'd have loved to give Sharjah another go considering my trouble last time.

@Arman you will have plenty of opportunities to srive in Sharjah considering most of the desert area after Abu Dhabi is Sharjah. I am glad that you have a spot in Dr @Chaitanya D drive, I am still worried about members who have not found a spot yet. I guarantee you that you will enjoy Dr @Chaitanya D drive as I myself have been in a couple of his drives to support, but completely lost myself enjoying behind him as he so generously treated us to some awesome areas. His drives are very well planned and driving behind him gives you a very good chance to forget that you were ever challenged by any things as he smoothly takes you through the roughest of terrain. You only realize after the drive the thrill you had with the least amount of bother. We have plenty of drives every week and once you start learning how to use your alarm better and find some luck, we could be driving in Sharjah again.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Rahimdad if you want me to join @Chaitanya D I'm ready if it will give a chance for another driver to enjoy the drive with you. Kindly guide and inform me. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

11 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

@Arman you will have plenty of opportunities to srive in Sharjah considering most of the desert area after Abu Dhabi is Sharjah. I am glad that you have a spot in Dr @Chaitanya D drive, I am still worried about members who have not found a spot yet. I guarantee you that you will enjoy Dr @Chaitanya D drive as I myself have been in a couple of his drives to support, but completely lost myself enjoying behind him as he so generously treated us to some awesome areas. His drives are very well planned and driving behind him gives you a very good chance to forget that you were ever challenged by any things as he smoothly takes you through the roughest of terrain. You only realize after the drive the thrill you had with the least amount of bother. We have plenty of drives every week and once you start learning how to use your alarm better and find some luck, we could be driving in Sharjah again.

@Rahimdad it was your "Golden presence" which made all the difference  

Thanks for your appreciation 🙏

• Like (+1) 3

I don't mind learning from @Chaitanya D and let the cousins stay together for your drive. Shall I sign up for that and leave this?

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use