COVID19 Compliant - Sunday Evening Short Newbie Desert Drive - Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 4 Apr 2021

Chaitanya D

3 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

You are 100% right Dr @Chaitanya D. Please excuse me from today's drive. I don't think I can give 100% concentration as I feel tired. I may need to consult a doctor as my BP levels are dropping to very low levels. Thanks for the advice. 

Dear Thomas get well soon and take a rest buddy 🙏

• Like (+1) 4

Waitlist

1. @Lawrence_Chehimi

2. @TT_Dubai

RSVP is closed and hence you will be on waitlist if there is any drop out further. If there is one drop out then Lawrence is in, If there is two drop outs then you both are in. Please make sure you keep a watch on the drive thread and tag me with your confirmation of joining if you see a drop out.

I have already stretched the numbers to accommodate as many considering a short drive. Please Keep a watch next time in advance and RSVP in time.

I appreciate your understanding that as a lead it is a task to arrange the convoy numbering on a weekday and hence planning in advance is safer and for everyone's convenience.

Updated convoy order:

1. Chaitanya Black Xterra

2. @topgear White FJC 2nd lead

3. @Mohamed Madani Range Rover

4. @Ranjan Pattanaik Ford Explorer

5. @Lakshmi Narasimhan Pajero

6. @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ Wrangler CF 1

7. @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil Wrangler

8. @Dodi Syahdar Montero/F150 Raptor

9.    @Ammar Naji Black Expedition 

10. @Mohamed Seidam White Xterra CF 2

11.  @Richard Franks Red Wrangler

12. @Ranjan Das Wrangler White

13. @Ahab Shamaa White FJC Sweep

See you soon

• Like (+1) 7
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

As I correctly assumed @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ was a value addition for the convoy rather than having me. Best of Luck buddy. 

All of you enjoy with Dr. @Chaitanya D

Thanks @Chaitanya D for the lovely drive, play area and beautiful sunset and much needed tips. Thanks to all the seniors and entire convoy for setting the right mind set for the week ahead!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Fossil rock at sunset 

What a lovely afternoon heading directly from work seeking to appreciate the sunset of fossil rock which has a unique view , and definitely not alone but sharing it with you desert wanderers 🌷

In the lead was our flawless lead Dr Chaitanya  @Chaitanya D while in the sweep watching our back was brother  @Ahab Shamaa and in between a determined convoy which I was impressed generally of its flow and in times I forgot it was a Newbie drive. A later addition to @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ made a relatively long convoy more coherent as two central links made the pull forward at ease 😉 not forgetting @topgear who kept vigilance and proper distance as a sec lead 👍

Starting from Our classical shade tree  heading east toward the rock looping sometimes and taking turns at play areas . maneuvers set by our lead to insure it’s done in safely manner where safety is of at most priority in this inherently risky leisure sport. I believe that all did good. 
after that we ascended to the rock and with keeping the precautions in respect every one enjoyed the fascinating sunset after which we headed toward Khetem our exit point and just before getting to the dirt track we got a side way crest of one vehicle that @Ahab Shamaa suggested to use the rope before it becomes pitch black which we totally agreed. In no time was done and we were inflating just before 7 pm where I could imagine finger tips at the screens to hit for RSVP for the next weekend 😄

I wish all of you a pleasant week and thank you all for making this afternoon so lovely like you are always 🌷

take care and see you soon inshallah 

cheers 

some pictures in Galary

down is a relive and excuse me the last part of the route appears interrupted due to recording pause!!

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Trip Report:

Even though a bit delayed the memories are fresh from our last drive at Fossil Rock. I remember going here as a NB about a year back in my Patrol and getting stuck all over the place🤣. Considering that you all can now cherish how well you drove here on Sunday as we kept driving, bumping the ante in the middle and ending with a flourish atop the fossil rock for a beautiful sunset.

20210404_182943.jpg

Many thanks to @topgear for being a perfect second lead and doing minor rerouting when advised. You were very clear and correct in all the maneuvers done including the longer and steeper sideys. Special thanks to @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ, @Mohamed Seidam (including the awesome defacto report) and @Ahab Shamaa for supporting the drive and all the advises to members when we had some refusals and few stucks.

@Mohamed Madani sorry for missing you out, hope you have the required gear by next time you join us.

@Ranjan Pattanaik drove well with his explorer, improving every time. Well done and great to see how you are managing your car very well even in tricky places

@Lakshmi Narasimhan drove well except for a minor fish tail on a sidey which he immediately corrected upon rehearsing it. Well done and you only get better as you drive more. Always remember " Do not fight Gracity"

@Alain Canivet-Abikhalil drove his wrangler really well in all areas.  Masterclass teaching with amazing advises from dear @Wrangeldwere quite evident . Great driving buddy

@Dodi Syahdar did well in his F150 Raptor, quite a sight to see that monster climb with a roar every time on a sidey or hill climb. Well done

@Ammar Naji gets better every time with his LWB Expedition. Be prepared for more roles supporting as 2nd lead/ Sweep . You need to get your experience come through to other peers in this club.

@Richard Franks managed his red Rubicon well, controlled without any issues or hardly any . Great to see you bringing your son to nudge him into this sport and I hope he was thrilled.

@Ranjan Das was seen driving his White wrangler without any issues as he gets better with his experience and confidence. Well done

20210404_183048.jpg

Screenshot_20210404-225212_Gaia GPS.jpg

Fantastic COVID appropriate behavior by all which was really nice to see how we are adapting to live and enjoy with the new normal. Enjoy your week , for another adventure coming weekend.

Cheers

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks @Chaitanya D for the feedback and for correcting the flaws while driving and providing chance to make sure it is corrected. 

• Like (+1) 5

Important Information

Terms of use